- Access Adventure was founded in 2005 to serve the people of the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide therapy, education and outdoor recreation for people living with mobility challenges, special needs children, the elderly and injured veterans.
- The headquarters for Access Adventure are located on the historic Rush Ranch, 2070 acres of preserved open space on the northern edge of San Francisco Bay. The property is owned by the Solano Land Trust.
- Our unique horsedrawn vehicles feature solar powered, battery operated wheelchair lifts which can accommodate up to 500 pounds. We serve individuals, small groups and large events with hundreds of participants.
- Access Adventure uses exceptionally well trained horses sensitive to the special needs of the people we serve. We breed, raise and train our own horses and provide driver training using Carriage Association of America protocols.
- We provide regularly scheduled recreational carriage driving and therapeutic driving events from April through October each year. We actively train volunteers, operate youth programs and provide job training throughout the year.
- Our programs are operated entirely by volunteers and there is no charge for the services we provide. Access Adventure is funded by grants, corporate giving and the generous support of people like you.